Or You Could Just Hide In the Cupboard

Or You Could Just Hide In the Cupboard

Quote of the Day/Week/Month/Year or Until I Change It!

‘Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.’


Mohandas Gandhi

Crossroads

Pondering the choices we make at our crossroads is like revision in the school of life.

Regretting the mistakes or taking for granted the successes, means we have learnt nought.

An attentive student will gain wisdom from the mistakes and joy from the successes.

Cartillyer – 2008

Friday, September 24, 2010

New Words – Opportation

Boywonder is excited about his upcoming birthday party at McDonald's. I was advised to invite a child per year of age, but keeping it at five isn't easy when he plays with more than half his kinder class. 

Out of the blue yesterday Boywonder asked me when we were doing the opportations. It took me ten minutes of rolling this word around my tongue trying to determine what word he had intended to come out of his mouth. In the end I gave up and started quizzing him for more information. I finally realised that he was referring to his party invitations.

We have since included opportation into our new word dictionary. 

Opportation – The opportunity to gain an invitation.



No comments:

Post a Comment